Winter Baseball Training (public)
For 2017, PRBSA will team up with PRHS Baseball to provide a winter training program for all who were interested, for ages 7 and up. This program (which will run approximately from January-March) will be led by PRHS coaches with support from the PRHS players themselves! Look for more information on future winter clinics after the fall baseball season!
In addition to the above offering, several PRBSA tournament teams continue practice through the winter as well.
Winter Baseball Training Goals (tournament teams)
1. Teaching players the fundamentals of baseball (hitting, pitching, base running, and defense).
2. Teaching each player how to mentally prepare for a game and how to achieve mental success with baseball.
3. Teach each player the importance of team baseball and to take pride in Pine-Richland. We are working on building our baseball tradition!
4. Provide players with the opportunity to participate in a higher level of baseball training with more committed, more experienced and higher skilled players than in-house baseball.
5. Opportunity to play in a spring tournament. Playing in at least one spring tournament should be a goal of the winter training program. It is usually a good ending point and a highlight to the winter training program for the kids.
Please reference the following link for details on the Winter Baseball Training Policy.