2019 PRBSA Winter Baseball Training (Public)
Registration is now closed for PRBSA’s 2019 Open Winter Training (conducted by the Pine-Richland High School Baseball Coaches). Thank you to all who are participating this year!
This 8-session training program will be hosted and run by Pine-Richland High School baseball coaches. All sessions will take place at the Richland Elementary gym on Saturdays in January and February. We have two groups divided by age for safety. Age groups for each session are as follows;
- 10:00am - 11:30am: Players w/ birth dates on or after 5/1/11 (6-7 yr olds)
- 11:30am - 1:00pm: Players w/ birth dates on or before 4/30/11 (8-12 yr olds)
The 8 sessions are set for the following Saturdays:
- January 5
- January 12
- January 19
- January 26
- February 2
- February 9
- February 16
- February 23
The curriculum will be based on a modified version of Pine-Richland High School team training. Each session will begin with dynamic stretching and warm-ups. Following warm-ups, athletes will be divided into groups and will rotate through different skill stations. Skill stations will vary for each session, and will cover topics such as hitting, infield work, outfield work, catching, pitching and more.
If you have questions about the winter training program, please contact Tony Aiello at
. We are looking forward to a very successful program!
Winter Baseball Training Goals (Tournament Teams)
1. Teaching players the fundamentals of baseball (hitting, pitching, base running, and defense).
2. Teaching each player how to mentally prepare for a game and how to achieve mental success with baseball.
3. Teach each player the importance of team baseball and to take pride in Pine-Richland. We are working on building our baseball tradition!
4. Provide players with the opportunity to participate in a higher level of baseball training with more committed, more experienced and higher skilled players than in-house baseball.
5. Opportunity to play in a spring tournament. Playing in at least one spring tournament should be a goal of the winter training program. It is usually a good ending point and a highlight to the winter training program for the kids.
Please reference the following link for details on the Winter Baseball Training Policy.